The Ngāti Hine Health Trust is a Charitable Trust and has offices spread throughout the North with primary offices in Kawakawa and Whangarei. The Trust has served the Northland community for many years and is a major Northland employer delivering high quality health and disability, social, educational, youth and broadcasting services from Whangarei and throughout Northland
We have the following vacancy available within our organisation and welcome applications from those who share our passion and commitment to supporting whanau to achieve optimal health and wellbeing.
Vacancy 055/2020 Health Improvement Practitioner / Mental Health Practitioner (1.0 Fte)– Kawakawa – Fixed term ( July 2020 to 30 June 2021)
The Health Improvement Practitioner is a mental health professional that can provide immediately accessible, evidence-based brief interventions to individuals and their families to assist improving their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant will work as a fully integrated member of the local General Practices services situated within the Kawakawa and Moerewa area and have the following skills and attributes:
- Are a registered mental health professional (e.g. psychologist, psychotherapist, mental health nurse, social worker, occupational therapist)
- Are self-motivated and independent, and enjoy working as part of a team dedicated to improving peoples’ health and wellbeing
- Want to work in the fast-paced and varied environment of a General Practice
- Have some training in talking therapies such as ACT, FACT or CBT
- Have an understanding and sensitivity to working with all cultures
This vacancy closes at 4.00pm, 7 July 2020
Please note applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand and complete a police vetting form.
Completed applications with a CV, cover letter, 2x verified ID and relevant qualifications attached can be emailed to HRoffice@nhht.co.nz or sent to Ngati Hine Health Trust, PO Box 1127 Whangarei 0140 in a sealed envelope marked “Application for vacancy”
The Ngati Hine Health Trust operates a “Smoke-free” Policy”